Monday, November 1, 2010
IT'S AN UPHILL BATTLE FOR THE PESTERING PERPETUAL UPS HIJACKERS & W.T.O. LARGE AVIATION COMPLAINERS --- WILL BRITAIN & FRANCE BE ATTENDING TOGETHER???
19 Nov. 2010 – 20 Nov. 2010
Summit Meeting of NATO Heads of State and Government
Lisbon, Portugal - 19-20 November 2010
1. This Media Advisory complements the brief advisory released late July 2010 and concerns the NATO Lisbon 2010 Summit. It marks the opening of the media accreditation and contains information for media planning, video and audio transmission and recording, working facilities at the International Media Centre (IMC) in Lisbon and initial information on event coverage and pools.
2. For further information on the Summit and about NATO, please visit: http://www.nato.int/.
* General Information
* Basic Information about the International Media Centre Facilities
* Details about Media Accreditation Procedures
* Preliminary information on the Media Programme
* Events likely to be covered by pools
* How to acquire Pool Cards?
* How Press Conferences are scheduled in the International Media Centre?
* Request for interviews
* Information about live TV, live stream, free satellite, video and audio distribution, Host TV and TV & radio working facilities
* Accomodation for media representatives
3. A NATO Summit of Heads of State and Government will be held on 19-20 November 2010 in Lisbon, Portugal. The meetings will be chaired by the NATO Secretary General, Anders Fogh Rasmussen. The Prime Minister of the Portuguese Republic will host the meetings. The first official event of the Summit is expected in the afternoon of 19 November.
4. Before the Council meetings begins on Friday, NAC leaders and other principals may be involved in non–Summit events, in their own individual and/or in bilateral events at the margin of the Summit. The NATO press office and that of each official delegation is the source of information about leader’s involvement in side events. After the Council meeting on Saturday, and possibly already on Friday, it is foreseen that the Secretary General and a number of other leaders will hold press conferences. Detailed schedules are being developed and will be communicated via CCTV in the media centre.
5. The International Media Centre in Lisbon is the official media centre for Summit events. It is will be located in Pavilions 3 and 4 of the Feira Internacional de Lisboa - FIL and will be open 24 hours for Summit-credentialed media beginning 18 November until the IMC closes at 12 noon on 21 November. Media arrangements for the media centre or at any official Summit event or venue can be made through the contacts listed in this advisory and not with event venues directly. More detailed information on working facilities appears further down in this Advisory.
6. The NATO Media Accreditation Office will distribute NATO’s Summit Media credentials from 17 through 20 November. This Summit media credential is required for access to the media centre and to any Summit event. Application is possible via a website on the internet; the deadline to apply is Monday 15 November 2010 at 11:00 GMT. The NATO Media Accreditation office will be located in the North-West corner of Summit venue. Hours of operation for the Accreditation Office each day are detailed below. All times are local.
Accreditation Office IMC/Media Centre
Wednesday 17 November 08:00–22:00 Not yet open
Thursday 18 November 08:00–22:00 08:00–open 24 hrs
Friday 19 November 08:00–22:00 Open 24 hours
Saturday 20 November 07:00–15:00 Open 24 hours
Sunday 21 November Closed Closes at 12:00 Noon
Back to top
Posted by Eileen at 2:45 PM